Friday, April 16, 2010

Greetings from the Tea Party trail

My apologies for the hiatus in posts.  Since the 13th April I've been traveling.  My first stop was Dayton, Ohio where a large crowd made clear that the spirit of America is rejecting the elite effort to overturn the sovereignty of the people and destroy the American way of life.  Though the leaders of both major parties want everyone to believe it's all about money, throughout the evening God, liberty and the Constitution received the loudest ovations.  Afterward people came up to me with tears in their eyes, grieved for their country, but drawing hope from what they had seen and heard.
Yesterday I spoke to a Tea Party event in Montgomery, Ala. and another in the small town of Trussville, Ala. The hearts and the loudest ovations were the same as they had been in Ohio.  At least where I went, the Tea Party means to live up to the spirit of 1776, including a sincere commitment to reject benefits offered at the expense of liberty and to fight against the destruction of the rights of the people, even though it means risking all in the battle.  The arrogant elite leaders who think the fighting spirit of the American people has been dissipated by the determined elite assault on our conscience and will should think again.  Freedom will not go down in this country without determined resistance from our people who still remember what it means to be an American.
I'm on my way to a pro-life event in Green Bay, Wisconsin and then home.  The things I have seen and heart have broken and lifted my heart.  Once I can settle down to writing again, I will try to distill the result.  What I feel overwhelimingly is that the elites who have betrayed and sought to corrupt the good heart of this people have much to answer for, and answer they will: to the people and to the Creator, God whose authority so many of them no longer respect.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! I was in attendance in Dayton, OH. Thank you so much for your words, but most of all for your example. Our prayers are with you. Safe travels!

Anonymous said...

Jesus said, "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it."

If you are ready to risk all in this battle, you will have victory in Christ.

Dawg_em said...

I watched Dayton on cpnlive.com and was heartened by much of what I saw and heard. As I said on the IM board during Dr. Keyes' speech - I would jump on a grenade for him.

Chiu, you are absolutely correct. Regardless of the (political)outcome, it's a win-win for true believers.

When the "cup" is presented to us, each and every one, let it not pass by. His will, not ours, be done.

msi said...

Thank you Alan for coming to Dayton on April 13th. My 92 year old father laments that we have few statemen like you who have been true to deliver the urgent message of salvation for our nation.

May God continue to grant you His mercy, grace, and wisdom and courage to carry on!

Warmest Regards,

Stephen W Hawkins

Anonymous said...

I was overjoyed to get to hear Mr. Keyes in person. Thanks for driving up from Montgomery to honor our little town with your presence. Your speeches are truly filled with the Spirit and I realize more than ever why they try to silence you at times. The truth sheds light! Godspeed in your call to honor our Saviour, Jesus Christ.
Trussville, AL Tea Party

Post a Comment

Be advised that this comment section is moderated in order to assure respect for civil proprieties. Posts that use obscenities, scurrilous epithets or that are gratuitously disrespectful of others will be removed ASAP. If you think a comment offensive in this way, report it in an email to alan@loyaltoliberty.com.